Get to know Diag Mode on Android
YUKDIBACA.com – Assalamu’alaikum , this time I will give tutorial to activate DIAG MODE on Android Lolliop . Then what is DIAG MODE? DIAG MODE or Diagnostic Mode USB is a condition where we can configure NVRAM Android device to replace radio band and android modem settings.
DIAG MODE usually used to unlock band GSM / WCDMA / 4G LTE android device. To enable DIAG MODE, the device must be rooted first.
There are many ways to enter DIAG MODE. Each device has different ways depending on the manufacturer. Some devices can easily get into DIAG MODE just by typing the code on the dial pad. For example by typing *#*#717717#*#* on Xiaomi Mi5 or Xiaomi Redmi 1. However some devices have to use terminal to enable this feature.
The Android version also affects this. Device with Kitkat version , terminal can be used to enter diag mode by typing setprop sys.usb.config diag, adb which of course in Super User mode. But sometimes this does not work on Lollipop version of Android. For that, this tutorial will explain how to get into DIAG MODE for Android Lollipop especially on Xiaomi Redmi 3 / Pro device.
Steps Enable Diagnostic Mode on Android
- Make sure the Xiaomi Bootloader is already unlocked so that the device can be rooted .
- The device is already rooted with SuperSU .
- Download MIUI Diag Mode Driver and extract then install. The way to install it is to right-click all files with the extension * .inf then select install.
- Download adb driver and install.
- Download adb and fastboot software and extract.
- Enable Developer Mode and USB debugging on Xiaomi Redmi 3 / Pro if it is not already enabled (if it is already active, go to step 7) by going to Settings -> About Phone -> touch MIUI Version 8 times until the “ You are now a developer “ .
- Go to Additional Settings and go to Developer options . Touch USB debugging to enable it.
- Next connect the device with the computer using the USB cable. Wait until the driver is installed (if not already installed).
Read also: 5 Free Root Application for Root Android Phone
- Enter in adb folder and open CMD by pressing shift + right click -> select Open command window here
- To see if adb device is connected or not, type adb devices . If the device is connected, then the device number appears on cmd.
- Next type adb shell to open the shell command. On the device there will be a confirmation to accept the shell request, select yes / OK.
- Type SU to access root .
- After entering the Super User mode, this step is the difference with android version of Kitkat ie type setprop sys.usb.config diag, qdss, adb .
- If successful, then the DIAG MODE port will open and install. Can be checked on device manager .
- After setting up NVRAM, restart the device to apply the new settings.
So a few steps to activate DIAG MODE on Android Lollipop especially on device Xiaomi Redmi 3 / Pro.Suggestions or if any additional, please typed in the comments.
Always make it a habit to backup first before experimenting.
Changing the value of NVRAM can cause damage to Android devices. Devastation due to personal error is not our responsibility.